We have an excellent opportunity to join a leading Prep School in central London in the position of chef manager, the requirements of the role are as follows;
To organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £32,000 per annum depending on experience
- Predominately Monday to Friday
- 52 week contract
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Communicate any on site client changes to line manager.
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all time
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard
- Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager
- Action plans are completed following consumers satisfaction surveys
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Complete labour schedule within the labour budget
- Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs.
- Ensure full purchasing compliance
- Monitor and manage GP
- Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning
- Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
- Implement the Food Safety management system and review as appropriate
- Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
- Ensure that all appropriate HSE information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees within your control to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively.
- Maintain up to date training records for all employees under your control.
- Consult with employees under your control, other contractors sharing the site and Clients on HSE matters.
- Report HSE issues beyond your control to your line manager.
- Implement the requirements of HSE campaigns that are initiated to improve HSE performance.
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills;
Who we are:
- Good Chef skills
- Good knowledge and experience of working with food
- People Management
- Results Orientation
- Holding others accountable
- Understanding Customers
- Proven experience in managing successful teams in a similar environment
- NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of leading and managing a small team of people
- Minimum 2 years catering experience
- Excellent financial acumen
- I.T literate
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.