Are you currently a Head chef looking for that next step in your career or you could already be a Chef manager looking for a long-term opportunity working for a FTSE 100 business?
Here at Chartwells, part of Compass Group, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to lead a team that supports high quality education by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff at Cedars Manor Primary school in Harrow.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis - It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love!
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary. Job Description
- £12.50 per hour per annum depending on experience
- Term time only
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
As Chef Manager you will manage a busy team of 4 across o e busy service area to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Oversee and manage day to day food operations within the school across two service points
- Work directly with support chef to provide varied and delicious meals.
- Cater for 520 pupils plus staff
- Deliver over 1,600 meals nutritious meals per week
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with the client.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams' knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate
About The Company
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Excellent craft skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Insert Sector Strapline
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.