Chef Manager - Pitstone
Up to £30,000 per annum (DOE)
Fixed Term Contract until end of January 2025
Monday - Thursday role - 10 hours per day - 7am - 5pm or 6:30am - 4:30pm
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager based at Safran Electrical & Power in Pitstone. You will be providing outstanding service to the staff and customers whilst guiding and motivating your team to be the best they can possibly be.
We connect workplaces to mindful, flavourful & planet-positive catering
At Eurest, we are the experts in workplace catering, operating in over 700 workspaces every day. We know that fuelling employees throughout the day can help to sharpen their thinking, nourish their bodies and minds and ultimately, motivate them to perform at their best. Our workplace food experiences are driven by our promise to live more sustainably and responsibly, working towards our goal of net zero by 2030.
We're people-powered at Eurest
It's an understatement to say that we're passionate about what we do, which is why we're committed to attracting the best and brightest people to join us - could that be you? Find out what makes joining Eurest so exciting.
Services provided are breakfast, lunch and hospitality.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Communicate any on site client changes to line manager.
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
- Ensure all company promotions are correctly implemented (where applicable)
- Ensure all products are correctly priced
- Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager
- Analyse and effectively manage all in unit costs
- Monitor and manage GP
- Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised
- Team are supported, trained, coached and develop
- Labour turnover is monitored, and team is fully recruited
- Produce and utilise succession plan
- Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
- Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
- Report HSE issues beyond your control to your line manager.
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies
- Ensure all food Prepared, cooked, and presented to the required standards and portion specifications
- Manage the processing of food orders, the receipt and storage of deliveries
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas
- Ensure the correct use of all machinery and equipment
- Perform other general tasks to support effective food service delivery as reasonably requested
- Previous culinary experience
- Previous management experience in a similar role including client management
- Passionate about working in a food service environment
- Good communication skills and able to work positively with others as part of a team
- Friendly, helpful & polite
A DBS check will be required for this role.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Christmas and Bank Holiday Closure
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Job Reference: com/1201/41183001/52615872/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!