5/7 working pattern, including occasional weekends so flexibility is required.
£25000 depending on experience
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to join our team in Nesscliffe.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Chef Manager to be responsible for all aspects of managing the high level of delivery and expectations. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service.
For the right Chef Manager, we are offering a supportive management system, a trained and enthusiastic team and the opportunity to work for a company that embraces new ideas and a training and development culture. Along with fantastic training and development to help you progress your career with Compass. More about the role:
Your key responsibilities will include:
Who you are:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness of the kitchen and surrounding areas
- Ensuring the correct use of all machinery and equipment
- Assisting with the loading or unloading of deliveries and supply vehicles
- Representing ESS and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Who we are:
- Demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Be an excellent team player
- Have a committed and organised approach
- Be flexible to work shifts
- NVQ or City and Guilds qualified
- Ability to communicate effectively to all internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding of Health, Safety and the Environment principles
- Motivated by a passion for quality and, service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Financially aware and computer literate
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.