Chef - Defence Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear Centre - Winterbourne
£12. 10 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
Spice up your next career move!
We're currently recruiting an ambitious Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for Defence on a full time basis contracted to 37.5 hours per week. As a Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients' and customers' days, all within the market-leading food service company in the UK. You'll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your passion and culinary skill to Defence? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Overseeing and implementing menu changes
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food services
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Representing Defence and maintaining a positive brand image
- Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Satefty regulations
Our ideal Chef will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Have experience supervising a team
- Have experience in a similar Chef role
- Hold a Food Hygiene certificate
- Have a flexible approach to working
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/1601/95901001/52616408/ONE
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!