Our Performance, Outcomes & Quality Assurance service is looking for a Team Manager to lead an experienced and skilled team through the next stages of service development supporting Children’s Services (providing performance monitoring, analytics and insights to social care, early help, education and skills and commissioning management).
Wiltshire Council’s vision is to enable people in the community to live the best life they can. To deliver this vision we need to be truly evidence-based and outcomes-led. With a significant investment in our capacity we are looking to recruit to key posts that will drive the rapid expansion of our performance management service offer within our People Directorate.
About the role
You’ll be an inspiring leader, line managing a team of performance analysts, ensuring the quality, consistency and development of their work in supporting various Head of Service and Directors with quality, audit and outcome data, dashboards and analytical reports. Agility and flexibility is paramount as evidenced during the Covid-19 pandemic. You will be able to constructively challenge and support senior management and leaders with performance improvements, be directly involved in peer reviews, regional and national benchmarking and be experienced in inspection preparation (e.g. Ofsted).
You will work alongside the Team Manager for Systems Development to ensure case management systems enable accurate and timely recording of activities which, in turn, produces good quality operational and management data.
You will work closely with Corporate ICT, Programme Office and key partner agencies during IT implementation programmes ensuring reporting requirements are met and support relevant activity of the corporate Business Intelligence programme.
- Working patterns to fit for your life and commitments. We also offer flexible working options from across Wiltshire including working from home (During the latest government lockdown restrictions, you will be working remotely/from home)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, as well as the option to purchase an additional ten days.
- The opportunity to work for a forward-thinking council with a strong focus on staff engagement.
- A laptop is provided so you can work flexibly from any location enabling you to be more effective and flexible in your practice.
- Established and supportive teams who will provide monthly 1:1’s and management feedback in a culture of learning and development.
- We offer an attractive rewards package with an excellent range of discounted products and services with national and local retailers via our Wiltshire Rewards scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities – with a variety of progression opportunities including CMI accredited leadership programs and career paths into management
- Employee wellbeing services and family friendly policies to support work life balance
- Discounted leisure membership
- Opportunity to apply for internal vacancies
Wiltshire Council has a thorough induction programme, ongoing training, a staff Reward programme and a positive and empowering leadership culture. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a new era in performance and outcomes management in an agile, inclusive and values-driven council.
You will have substantial experience of working with relational databases, SQL and SSRS and delivery of Children’s Services statutory returns and an intricate knowledge and experience of local authority children’s services. Strong experience in the use of Power Bi will be an advantage as would be an understanding of Liquid Logic case management systems. You will have a firm understanding of statistical and analytical skills development and be keen to support the team to deliver innovations in performance management and insights.
Due to current government restrictions, home working/remote working is in place, however once we resume working in our hubs this role will be based in either Trowbridge, Salisbury or Chippenham
Interviews will be held: w/c 2nd August 2021
Unless otherwise indicated, all interviews are held virtually on Microsoft Teams or by phone where this is not possible. Candidates will be sent a link before interview to download the Teams App
Find out more and apply
For specific information about this job, please contact Tamsin Stone - Head of Service for Performance, Outcomes & Quality Assurance (People Services). Email: Tamsin.Stone@wiltshire.gov.uk Telephone: 01225 713504
Please download and read the role description carefully before you make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page. If you are submitting a CV please ensure you read our CV and cover letter criteria carefully to avoid your CV being rejected.
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to the principles of inclusion and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. Read our statement of commitment to equality and inclusion.
The council is a Disability Confident Employer which means we are committed to employing people with disabilities and supporting them throughout their employment with us.
This role is subject to certain successful security checks; please see role description for more information.
All candidates are assessed against the councils EPIC Values and EPIC culture (available below). Half of all questions during the interview will be based around these.
Click here to view our EPIC Values