We believe in giving Children, Young People and their Families choice, control and flexibility in how they manage their support needs, and the right to access inclusive services and be part of their own community. Our Children's Social Workers use Person Centred Planning approaches in seeking the views, wishes and feelings of those in our community.
We are passionate about making a difference and do all we can to make the lives of our Children, Young People and their Families better. We are committed to high professional standards, continuous learning and we enjoy the challenges the Social Worker role brings.
If this sounds like an role that suits your skill set, we would love to hear from you! For more information, call Beth on 01223 475920 or email email@example.com .
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, so don't wait to apply!
In Children's Services we are working to reshape what we do and how we do it. Why not be part of it?
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work. Our benefits
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
- We offer a generous mileage allowance
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to free support 24 hours a day
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information. About you
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification. About us
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.