HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Chronic Disease Nurse to support, train and advise Clinical Nurse Managers and the wider healthcare team in chronic disease management.
You will provide high quality clinical care for patients with Chronic Diseases and deliver tailored education to empower patients to make choices when preparing for future treatment in collaboration with the GP's and Clinical Manager, and develop a quality driven Nurse service to our increasing patient population.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country's only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use Restorative Approaches' to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links' offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Sodexo Careers and Careers in Justice Job Description
- Salary £43,772.81 per annum
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals while on duty
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay - 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- BUPA cover
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Access to Sodexo Discounts - wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Access to flexible benefits - this is via salary sacrifice where you can purchase a wide range of benefits including holidays, insurance and dental cover.
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee's
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- Subsidised gym membership
- There is gym on site which staff can attend on their free time
The role will be working 37.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm)Main Responsibilities
- Chronic disease management, ideally asthma, diabetes and COPD
- Nurse triage, face to face and telephone
- Development of clinical policies and procedures
- Management of nurse led QOF areas
- Infection control lead
- Lead for annual seasonal vaccination programme
*see full job description belowThe Ideal Candidate
Previous experience and current registration is essential. The ideal candidate should have relevant qualifications, attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, excellent literacy and numeracy, good communication and patient care skills, the ability to work and remain calm under pressure and some knowledge of SystmOne, Word, Excel. Email etc. would be advantageous.About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.