Join us as a CICS System Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills as you provide support to ensure the operational health of the platform, covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- Specialising in Functional Consulting, you’ll be supporting the platforms’ operational stability and technology performance, including maintaining any system’s utilities and tools provided by the platform
- This is an opportunity to learn a variety of new skills in a constantly evolving environment, working closely with feature teams to continuously enhance your development
What you'll do
As a CICS System Analyst, you’ll be supporting the team’s activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You’ll be contributing the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you’ll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes.
Your role will involve:
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Identifying and consistently looking for continuous improvements of existing processes and procedures across production management disciplines, and establishing an environment of continual learning and feedback
- Constantly reviewing to make sure infrastructure are fully compliant to mandated standards by adhering to processes and security compliance
- Working closely with feature teams, understanding the upcoming changes and collaborating to prevent potential issues occurring
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You’ll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
You'll need at least four years of experience in a CICS systems programmer role, using the IBM mainframe platform. You'll need CICS system programming or administration experience in CICS TS version 5.1 and above, as well as CPSM or CICSPlex hands-on experience.
We’ll also look to you to demonstrate:
- CPSM workload management, BAS and RTA experience, and strong knowledge of CICS RDO and DFHCSD
- CICS problem determination and performance tuning experience, including troubleshooting using CICS trace and dump
- Experience of CTG, Web Services, CICS MQ and CICS DB2
- Technical experience, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- Knowledge of development methodology and operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills