Civil Enforcement Officer, Parking
Location: North Tyneside
Why not become a civil enforcement officer with Capita.
Our Civil Enforcement Officers patrol the streets, bus lanes and public car parks of North Tyneside. Your primary role will be to encourage considerate parking by taking appropriate action against illegally parked vehicles so that other drivers can go about their daily business with minimum disruption. Your key goals are to keep traffic flowing and to make sure that everybody who drives in North Tyneside has an equal and fair opportunity to park and go about their daily business.
What you'll be doing:
- To enforce waiting/loading restrictions, bus lanes and parking facilities within the borough
- To record and report ticket machine faults and undertake minor repairs (e.g. coin blockages, ticket slips etc), where appropriate
- To record and report defective regulatory signs, lines other parking management equipment
- Provide and maintain a high standard of customer service
What we're looking for
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Physically fit
- A clean UK driving license
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good general standard of education
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
About Government Services
For more than 30 years Capita has been working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Capita is committed to the local government sector and is the market leader in the delivery of Planning Resilience Services to Local Authority clients. We have worked with over 100 Local Authority clients nationwide, and have an outstanding track record of providing Development Management & Planning Policy and Consultancy services.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you.