Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) have a fantastic opportunity for a Band 5 Civilian Dental Hygienist to join our friendly team at Merville Barracks, Colchester.
A Market Skills Supplement of £5,750 per annum (pro rata) will be offered to the successful candidate. This will be paid pro-rata where part time hours are undertaken.
As a Civilian Dental Hygienist, you'll provide clinical and administrative support for the provision of dental care in DPHC dental centres, enhance force generation & operational capability and minimise dental morbidity on operations.
Duties of the role include, but aren't limited to:
- Adhering to local stock control procedures when removing items of stock from the storeroom.
- Ensuring all statistical data is collated in accordance with current DPHC Dental policy.
- Managing the patient appointment system as required.
- Accurately recording treatment on each patient’s electronic health record on internal systems.
- Reporting any appointment delays or 'Failure to Arrives' to the Practice Manager, receptionist and/or patient as appropriate.
- Managing dental records, ensuring the correct hastening, receipt, despatch, registration and storage.
- Ensuring a daily test radiograph is taken and processed with all findings reported in accordance with extant policies and countersigned by a clinician or trained individual.
- Ensuring your surgery is prepared appropriately for the day’s patients in accordance with current regulations.
- Ensuring any delays to scheduled appointments are reported to the clinician, Practice Supervisor/Manager, Receptionist and patient, as appropriate.
- Be willing and able to contribute to staff development and appraisal.