Are you professional and highly motivated with a drive for delivering excellent dental care? Are you looking to move into an exciting and rewarding role? If the answer is yes, you would be well-suited to the Band 3 Civilian Dental Nurse role we have available at RAF Waddington, Lincoln. As this Dental Centre is temporarily closed for refurbishment. The successful candidate would be expected to work from one of the nearby dental centres within the DPHC (D) East Region until RAF Waddington DC re-opens.
The successful candidate will provide clinical and administrative support for the provision of dental care in Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) Dental Centres. The position is a full-time post of 37.5 hours per week.
The successful candidates’ main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring surgeries are prepared appropriately for the day’s patients in accordance with current regulations.
- Carrying out and recording daily maintenance, servicing and pre-use checks of dental equipment reporting defects in accordance with current equipment care policies.
- Ensuring a daily test radiograph is taken and processed with all findings reported in accordance with extant policies and signed off by a clinician or trained individual.
- Recording accurate dental charting for each patient as required by the dentist.
- Meeting the needs of the patients by monitoring, supporting and reassuring each individual according to their specific needs, providing appropriate advice when required. This may include recognising and interpreting behaviours, especially those associated with anxious patients and dealing with them accordingly.
- There may be an occasional requirement for the successful candidate to carry out out-of-hours emergency cover.
Successful candidates will be entitled to a Recruitment and Retention Allowance (RRA) of £1,500 per annum (pro-rata if part-time).