We have an exciting opportunity for a Civilian Dental Practitioner (CDP) who is looking to take their career into a new and more rewarding Role, within Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC).
The available role is Part Time as a CDP Job Share position offering 22.20 hours, 3 days a week. The successful candidate will join the friendly and professional team at Dental Centre Tidworth, Memorial Health Centre, Kirkee Road, Tidworth, Wiltshire, SP9 7BN.
The role of DPHC is to provide and commission a safe, effective and efficient healthcare service for entitled personnel contributing to the maximisation of Service personnel fit for task, as agreed with the single Services. This is achieved through the provision of an occupationally aware primary healthcare service which includes dental, rehabilitation and mental healthcare services.
Duties of this post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting all personnel for whom they are responsible at intervals in accordance with The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines and providing follow up treatment as required.
- Ensuring that surgery management, documentation including consumable stores, the safe custody of personal sensitive data and the maintenance of equipment is always kept to a high standard.
- Providing an occupational oral health assessment, being fully conversant with NATO Dental Fitness categorisation and dental input into the Joint Medical Employment Standard for Service personnel.
- Ensuring that contemporaneous notes are recorded on individuals integrated electronic healthcare records for all episodes of care.
- Onward referral of personnel to enhanced practitioners, specialists or consultants for treatment as appropriate.