About the role
A job where you are in the driving seat!
As the face of Tesco out on the road, our LGV drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different colleagues at stores. That's why this role is about much more than just driving: it's about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile.
No two shifts are ever the same, for most of the day you'll feel like your own boss, out on the road delivering to our stores, but there is always a team of managers and colleagues back at the distribution centre ready to support you when you need them.
You'll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team, where everyone is welcome.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you
You will be responsible for
- Professionally representing the Tesco brand whilst on UK roads
- Ensuring our products reach our stores on time and in good condition
- Being out on the road but also working collaboratively with colleagues and representing Tesco to everyone you meet
- Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
- Collecting as well as delivering, supporting your distribution centre by moving trailers and keeping vehicles fuelled
- Taking ownership for your own and others safety whilst at work.
You will need
- To be passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adhere to WTD and EU Drivers Hours
- To become a Tesco Driver, you'll need a full HGV 1 (C+E) EU licence with no more than six penalty points, needs a valid DQC and a Driver Card.
The ability to adapt to working in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment.
Be happy to go that extra mile.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What's in it for you
Join before 30th October to receive a bonus of £500 or from 31st October - 27th November 2021 to receive £250. Plus...earn an extra £2/hour on any over time worked in December.
To find out more contact us today on 07541683988 or email us on DC.RecruitmentHub@tesco.com where a dedicated Tesco colleague can help you find the right job.
Hourly Pay: £14.07
Shifts Available: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Start times from 08:00 - 13:00
More key benefits on offer for you:
- Holiday starting at 29 days rising to 31 days after 12 months (includes bank holidays and a personal day)
- Competitive retirement savings plan - Tesco will match up to 7.5% of your contribution
- Life assurance - 5 x your contractual pay
- Colleague discount card including a 2nd card for a family member after 3 months service
- 15% off after every pay day for a four-day period and 10% the rest of the month on most Tesco purchases
- Uniform provided
- Join our share schemes - Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
Plus there are additional overtime and premiums payments available on top.
There are a number of benefits for working for us including:
10% discount card.
A subsidised canteen providing a variety of hot and cold food options.
Fixed shift patterns so you know when you're working
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver's age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com