Driving a Class 1 Milk tanker in a safe manner, delivering bulk liquid products to Dairies across the UK, ensuring that the loads are secured correctly and that the goods are delivered on time, offloaded in the correct manner, paperwork is signed.
How will you contribute?
- Class 1 Milk Tanker Driver
- Salary - £42,435.00 per annum
- 5 on 3 off Nights
- Start times between 16:00 to 18:00
- 55 hours per week contract
- On average between 10 to 12 hours per shift
- Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Securing load of the trailer to ensure products are safely secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and to take ownership of customer issues on delivery.
- Be aware of the vehicle defects and bring to the attention of Transport Office as necessary.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the Driver role.
For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000 (subject to conditions)
What will you bring?
- Must have valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must have valid in date CPC
- Must hold Digital tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence
- Must have minimum 6 months Class 1 driving experience
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, customer discount card, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible.