- Sweep and mop all floors in all mess/Office/Locker rooms etc
- Clean mess room fridges, microwaves, full kitchen area,
- Recycling (Cups / Paper / Cardboard / Batteries / Tin Cans etc) - Empty bins and place in designated external waste bins
- Complete area documentation
- On occasion any other cleaning duties as requested
PPE/Uniform and full training provided Main Responsibilities
- Have full knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards - this to include daily, weekly and period tasks.
- Use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to health guidelines (COSHH)
- Have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed only after correct training is given. Report any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g wet floor signs and warn customers where possible.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept tidy and equipment stored safely at all times. Chemicals to be locked in FM Store.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- Draw to the attention of the Facilities Manager any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Attend training & H&S meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order. Report any defects to the Facilities Manager immediately
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities.
- Requested to attend safety awareness courses and staff safety forums. This will include carrying out and recording safety conversations with other Sodexo staff or others.
- Accurately complete required documentation/check sheets.
- Accurately monitor their own consumables and equipment levels and place orders to the Management Team to deadline.
- Hold a full clean driving licence. This role involves travelling within locations.
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
- The ideal candidate will have experience in general cleaning or industrial cleaning duties
- Willing to work extra hours to cover sickness and holidays
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.