The postholder will be based in the relevant School Office and will be managed by the Head Teacher. The postholder will assist the Head Teacher with the provision of a variety of administrative/clerical duties and will assist in the supervision of an Employed Trainee.
Cullivoe Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Cullivoe, Yell. It provides primary education to P7 for children from North Yell. The structure of the school is one primary class. There is currently a total of 11 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is one part time teacher supporting the Head Teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Claire Lawson.
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 106 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.midyell.shetland.sch.uk/ .
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 25.5 Hours per Week , 40 weeks per year plus 6.20 weeks paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 13 months. This is for the duration of a period of maternity leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder.
- The job is split between Mid Yell and Cullivoe schools so it could be a job share or two separate posts. 16hrs Cullivoe, 9.5 Mid Yell
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Cullivoe Primary School & Mid Yell Junior High School, Yell, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Claire Lawson, Head Teacher, on 01595 807080, or email claire.Lawson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.