HMP Bronzefield are recruiting for a Clinical Cleaner to deliver a full cleaning service to Healthcare outpatients' unit, offices, treatment rooms, clinical areas and departments within the establishment at the prescribed times.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Learn more about working in Justice and HMP Bronzefield Job Description
Salary £17,062.50 per annum + London weighting £3,453
Benefits including free parking, free meals, subsidised gym membership, pension, discount schemes etc
37.5 hours per week
Location - HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ. Please note this is not located near Ashford in Kent. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the manager
- Empty and dispose of domestic and clinical waste in accordance with Infection Control and Waste Disposal Policies.
- Carry out general cleaning tasks i.e. damp dusting & sanitising of all furniture, fixtures, fittings, skirting's and interior glass doors.
- Carry out high- and low-level dusting of walls, ledges, perimeter fittings, paintwork.
- Clean all sanitary fittings and fixtures.
- Supply and replenish consumables i.e. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap etc.
- Clean and maintain floor areas/surfaces using the appropriate equipment.
- Clean the kitchen, fixtures and appliances.
- Clean and maintain Cleaning Store and equipment.
- As required and under supervision respond to any requests for ad-hoc and specialist cleaning, adhering to Infection Control Guidelines.
- Adhere to correct method of cleaning tasks as directed via the GREAT cards, cleaning offer task cards and pictorial task cards
- Previous experience of cleaning and undertaking of all cleaning tasks
About The Company
- BICS trained
- Previous experience of cleaning within a clinical setting
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.