About the role
Main purpose of the role:
Here at Babcock International, we're seeking a number of Coachbuilders to work on the conversion of new and used vehicles. Working in a highly motivated team, you will be involved in exciting and fast moving projects where complexity will vary from basic lining to full bespoke vehicle conversion. Duties include but are not limited to the stripping and fitting of all types of commercial vehicles from small vans to HGVs.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Construction of bespoke vehicle conversions
* Fault finding and rectification
* Removal and refitting of interior trims, light mechanical work
* Upgraded glass fitment, removal and refitting of interior trims
* General modifications to original vehicle build
* Work to vehicle build specifications
What do I need to do the role?
Key Competences Required
* Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and diagrams
* Fault finding and rectification work
* Removal and fitting of seats, panels, roof lining, door cards, interior trim, carpets, switch gear, light clusters and bumpers
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Ability to work effectively under own initiative, or as part of a team to achieve desired results
* Ability to demonstrate high level of engineering industrial standards
* Fitting of on-board generators
* Installation of bonded floor systems
* Pattern making
* Knowledge of hydraulic systems
* Basic 12 V electrical knowledge
* Experience of mechanical, woodwork, metalwork and composite materials
* NVQ level2 (or min 3 years Coach Building/Commercial vehicle conversions experience)
* Certified generator installer
* Hybrid and electric vehicle awareness training level 1
* GCSE in English and Mathematics Grade C/4
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.