Collection & Delivery Driver
Emergency Services and Training
Based at Ruislip and covering London
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are the trusted training partner to the London Fire Brigade by supporting them to make efficient use of existing resources, avoid future cost uncertainty and generate revenue for the service. We provide maintenance and management support for The London Fire Brigade vehicles, equipment, assets and facilities.
We are looking for a Collection & Delivery Driver to join our team at Ruislip and support London Fire Brigade by delivering and collecting London Fire Brigade's vehicles to 102 locations along with operation equipment as and when required.
You will provide a reliable, efficient and courteous service to our customer whilst driving the fire fleet to the relevant location for maintenance. You will need to present to the customer a professional self-image and company image through excellent service, safe operation, and timeliness.
- Provide a prompt, professional and efficient vehicle and operational equipment collection and delivery service that delivers customer satisfaction in line with Company targets and standards
- Respond to and deal with customer enquiries through provision of accurate and reliable information / advice
- Ensure vehicles and operational equipment are collected and delivered on time, and presented to a standard acceptable to the customer
- Complete all paperwork and processes accurately and thoroughly in line with Company requirements
- Drive Babcock Company vehicles in a careful and courteous manner with due regard to the Road Traffic Act and Company Procedures and immediately notify of any pending endorsements or prosecutions against your licence
What do I need to do the role?
- Proven HGV driving experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence Class 2/Cat C, Driver CPC and Tacho Card
- Good knowledge of London
What else do I need to know?
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website.