Job title: Combat Systems Engineer (NCSISS)
About the Role
As a Combat System Engineer, you will operate within a team of engineers to deliver the NCSISS contract by conducting integration and testing as directed by the team's Senior Combat System Engineers, working in partnership with the NCSISS Project Manager and Technical Lead to ensure a consistent approach to the design, delivery and support of our service. You will have responsibility for delivering specific, delegated project tasks, and will support customer engagement to understand their requirements with respect to capability and programme constraints, you will then develop a test plan, conduct integration and produce supporting evidence for customer use.
We are recruiting for a Systems Engineer to work at Portsdown Technology Park in a combined military and civilian team; however, the ability and willingness to travel to other locations in the UK and abroad to support external supplier testing and trials will also be necessary. There will also be opportunities to support sea trials on board Royal Navy ships.
The Naval Combat Systems Integration Support Service (NCSISS) delivers the necessary integration, test, evaluation, and acceptance activities across all phases of the equipment lifecycle to support the development and delivery of operationally effective Combat System (CS) capability. It enables MOD and industry to make informed decisions based on objective, credible evidence that is generated by experts in an environment free from supply chain conflict of interest.
What do I need?
Experience in some of the following areas:
- 4 years+ relevant experience in engineering;
- Proven experience on Naval Combat Systems or expertise in specific technology e.g. radar/sonar/C2/weapons or experience in Test & Evaluation or Integration.
- Honours Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar. HNC/D Level qualification (or equivalent) may be accepted if accompanied with appropriate experience;
- Experience in Type 31 combat system development.
- IEng (or equivalent) is desirable;
What will I be doing?
- Support the Senior Combat System Engineers and Technical Leads on relevant technical matters relating to a range of areas across the Combat System;
- Work as part of a technical team in support of project objectives and contract deliverables in accordance with the Technical Delivery Plan;
- Produce test plans, execute trial activities and conduct post-trial analysis;
- Generate technical documentation including the Supporting Evidence for Certificate of Safe Integration;
- Engage with customers, other stakeholders, and suppliers;
- Conduct sea trials on Royal Navy Ships including potentially overseas.
- Accountable for any Associate Combat System Engineers allocated within delegated technical activities.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.