Job Title: Combat Systems Ordnance Specialist
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £34,950 - £38,400 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 42756
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of diverse, dedicated and growing team where you'll play a key specialist role supporting the Combat Systems team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Specialist who will carry out fault diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of Mechanical Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on all class of vessels based at, or visiting, HMNB Clyde or elsewhere as required.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct planned maintenance, class modifications, alterations and additions on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on board RN vessels.
- Diagnosis and rectification of defects (including OPDEFs) on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment as reported by ship's staff, and where possible, the rectification of those defects in situ.
- Ensure correct Quality Documentation is reviewed and called for at commencement and throughout each activity.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the customer on all aspects of Ordnance Tactical Weapons systems and equipment.
The experience you will bring
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and HNC in Engineering or equivalent with relevant industry experience.
- Experience working in a mechanical and / or electrical engineering role within a submarine operation, maintenance or commissioning environment, with knowledge of weapon systems, handling, and equipment and discharge systems. Experience of masts and periscope maintenance would be advantageous.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload within a high pressured environment.
- Effective relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
- You will already hold, or be able to achieve, the appropriate security clearance level for this role within a Ministry of Defence facility.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- 37 hours over 4.5 day working week
- Overtime opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please visit our website to find out more.