A new opportunity is now available for a Commercial Analyst to join our Centrica Business Solutions team in Windsor.
The role will have responsibility for all commercial modelling activity to set up and grow the UK Centrica Business Solutions, especially for all customer facing commercial analysis and contracts (including support for negotiation and contract completion).
As a Commercial Analyst, you will have accountability for taking the global proposition and applying detailed UK market knowledge into a robust commercial model; which can then be used to input into customer conversations, negotiations and contracts.
The role is also accountable for inputting into all the commercial and financial commitments in all contracts signed with customers and therefore all revenue targets for the UK Delivery Centre and associated risks.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop the commercial solution for the customer (from the DE proposition offering) into a tangible financial model
- Develop and own financial models to price up customer sales solution
- Gather inputs from technical and financing aspects of customer sales and contracting to ensure commercial approach and contract are completed within pipeline target times and to hit margin aspirations
- Work with UK Business to support negotiations of contract terms and drive the contract to completion
- Manage the handover of commercials from contract approval to delivery teams.
- The role will have responsibility for all commercial modelling activity to set up and growing the UK Distributed Energy Business with specific responsibility for all customer facing commercial analysis and contracts including support for negotiation and contract completion.
- The role will have accountability for taking the global proposition and applying detailed UK market knowledge into a robust commercial model which can then be used to input into customer conversations, negotiations and contract.
- The role will have responsibility for inputting into all the commercial and financial commitments in all contracts signed with customers and therefore all revenue targets for the UK Delivery Centre and associated risks.
These are your key competencies, those that will enable you to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Corporate finance and analysis: Able to define required metrics for use in contracts and customer negotiations and produce detailed commercial models and using them in customer negotiations and contracts - your competency to guide and check the output of the financial modelling efforts and perform modelling with no supervision is key for the role.
- UK energy market knowledge and analytics: Some level of understanding of UK electricity market required to help define commercial strategies and tradeoffs as different strategies are considered. You are able to translate these strategies and the revenue streams to make them simple for our customers.
- Project management: Skilled at bringing together several work streams including sales, commercial, technical and finance and with the ability to influence senior stakeholders in these areas to deliver on time to support customer conversations and timelines.
- Technical knowledge: Role will be receiving input from technical experts and must therefore have a basic level of understanding of distributed energy technologies including: Combined Heat and Power, diesel generators, gas generators, solar installations, building controls, energy efficiency measures, battery storage (optional), and fuels cells (optional).
- Collaboration: Must be able to work effectively and to influence a range of senior customers, internal Centrica stakeholders and potential external parties - including funding and technology providers.
Does this sound like you?