About The RoleCommercial Director
About this opportunityGleeds is a leading global property and construction consultancy. Independent since 1885, we are proud to deliver award-winning projects around the world. We are a Great Place to Work certified employer, with our people at the heart of everything we do. Climate change and Sustainability is at the top of our agenda, we have been established within the energy sector for the past 40 years and have achieved significant growth in the past years as we contribute to a sector that will have trillions of pounds of investment over the next decade. Our teams are at the forefront of the change, managing life changing projects in Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear, Renewables and Defence, and we want you to be part of that too. At Gleeds, our projects take us across the globe, giving you opportunities to travel or to remain at the office base you choose.
- Project Director or Director level
- Join Gleeds Energy’s Nuclear New Build team!
- Flexible hybrid working based at Sizewell site in Suffolk (IP16) 2-3 days a week - Travel and accommodation provided
- Permanent, full time with flexible working and core hours
We are recruiting for a Commercial Director
to join our Energy
team to lead both pre and post contract commercial teams in the management of tendering and post contract delivery for key Energy projects across the UK. Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture.
This role is focused on our clients in the South but we are really flexible on location, with a mixture of client site, office & home working.In return for being a Gleeds team member, we will give you
- Clear opportunities to develop and grow your career through training and further qualifications
- Fantastic networking opportunities to grow your personal brand and expand your understanding of the industry
- Generous holiday allowance plus the option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme.
- Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to increase this through continuous reviews
- Employee Assistance Programme to ensure your health and personal well-being comes first
- Our global travel scholarship programme gives you the unique opportunity to gain global experience
- Flexible working arrangements to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance
- Volunteering opportunities to engage with your local community or charitable organisations
- Unparalleled support from central teams and a company that is recognised as a Great Place to work certified Employer
About The CandidateWhat we are looking for in our next Director/Commercial Lead
- Experience in leading or directing major, complex and business-critical commercial projects, across the public and private sectors, driving success through genuine strategic insight
- Knowledge and experience of working within a infrastructure programs such as Rail, Nuclear, Highways etc
- Strong contract, commercial and risk allocation skills
- Strategic communicator, possessing influencing and negotiation skills
- HNC, HND or Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying / Cost Management, Construction Law, or similar / relevant discipline, or in some case applicants with an alternative background (e.g.: Engineering) may be considered.
- Professional qualifications and/or membership of the RICS, CIOB, CICES, CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute
About The CompanyJoining usBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual. We will also consider candidates on a part-time basis.Gleeds is a Great Place to work certified Employer.