We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
Reporting to the Head of Property Improvement, the Commercial Manager is responsible for providing quantity surveying and commercial services for the Property Improvement team to ensure projects and programmes are delivered to budget.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
The Commercial Manager is accountable for the financial management of all projects and tasks comprising the investment plan including valuations, payments, forecasting, budgeting, and income recovery from leaseholders and other third parties.
- Develop and maintain robust processes, systems, procedures and prepare management information to ensure the effective commercial management of projects and programmes
- Prepare and present to internal and external stakeholders, timely, relevant and accurate reports on projects and programmes comprising the investment plan
- Lead the Value for Money and Procurement Working Group' to improve ways of working, encourage consistency in approach and the sharing of expertise to ensure maximum value for money is delivered through the Partnering Timetable incorporating planned works term Term Programme
- Participate in the Core Group meetings for each of the Term Contracts reporting candidly on the performance of the Service Providers, clearly documenting Failures, suggesting remedies and and/or recommendations for improvement
- Investigate and manage opportunities for claims against third parties including developers and insurance providers to ensure remediation cost is mitigated or recovered including preparing legal recommendations and position papers
- Explore negotiated opportunities with developers, contractors or other third parties to expediate remediation solutions, reduce cost and avoid contributory neglect
- Scrutinise surveys, specifications, programme, and prices comprising any proposals to ensure they comply with the brief and team strategy and work collaboratively with Service Providers and other partners to develop best value solutions to orders
- Prepare commercial reports including accrual instructions, forecasts, budgets, valuations and payment certificates and publish management information relating to the performance of any orders fulfilled by the Service Providers or other parteners. Ensure cashflow forecasts correspond with the agreed business plan and report variances with commentary to the Finance Business Partner
What you'll bring
- Significant and proven experience of working in a technical environment; assisting in delivering high value, high impact construction/engineering projects to time, cost and quality standards
- Experience of leading and delivering a programme of work in a way that achieves both the key objectives of the on time, budget and to the specified quality, the objective of the business and a high levels of customer satisfaction
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Contract Administration of all JCT, NEC, PPC and TPC suites of contract
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all valuation methods, SMM7, NWM and Prime cost of day work
- Good working knowledge of the Housing Grants Contraction regeneration Act 1996 and its subsequent revisions in legislation
- Significant proven commercial and technical knowledge/ experience including claim preparation and management, litigation, and adjudication
- Experience with production, contract engrossment and execution of Collateral warranties
- Educated to degree level in a property related subject or relevant professional qualification in Quantity or Building Surveying
- Experience of challenging strategies and proposals to ensure they meet or exceed expectations
- Membership of a relevant technical institution
- Willing and able to participate in the out of hours emergency duty rota
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.