Job Title: Commercial Officer
Location: Plymouth or Bristol, UK - Hybrid - Working from home options available
Compensation: £39,408 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45332
You're the key
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commercial Officer at our Devonport or Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Commercial Officer role is based within our area Commercial Strategy Team Central Services business. We are a key strategic partner to our customers, the MOD and the Royal Navy..
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new Commercial Officer will make
As a Commercial Officer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be supporting some key strategic opportunities for the company, working to secure Babcock's position in the future. This will cover long term strategic contract renewals to secure work over the next 20-30 years, future business bidding, resourcing for the future, strategic infrastructure, building relationships with the customer and major contract close outs.
Day to day, you'll be supporting commercial discussions with customers, providing commercial advice to internal stakeholders, preparing and reviewing commercial documents (strategic agreements, bidding documents, non-disclosure agreements), preparing and reviewing commercial governance documents and working closely with other areas of the business (finance, supply chain, project, operations, estimating etc.)
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role can be delivered from Plymouth or Bristol alongside home working arrangements.
* An understanding of Babcock's key customers and the marketplace it operates in, both the Ministry of Defence and wider Defence Industry.
* The ability to make decisions within delegated authority and to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communication, presentation, networking and negotiation skills.
* Attention to detail with the ability to identify commercial risks, propose steps to mitigate, and communicate effectively.
* Professional, positive and supportive approach to both suppliers and customers.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance - £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online.
Closing date: 17/08/2022