The Dstl commercial team support the innovative work and deliverables across the organisation by providing support in the form of contracts, frameworks and guidance as well as commercial specialists on cutting-edge defence science and technology requirements.
We are looking for someone who :
Has an interest in Commercial and Contract Management and Procurement Processes.
Is able to work in collaborative environments, has a range of transferable skills sets and a wiliness to learn.
Has the desire to develop their skills and experience through training and challenging requirements in an environment that is supporting and encouraging the future senior leaders.
In this role you will:
• With support of Commercial Officer (L4) and Commercial Manager (L5), provide procurement and commercial service (within delegated authority limits) ensuring contracts and suppliers meet Dstl requirements for operational and contractual delivery in line with MoD policy.
• Provide quality customer services to all areas of Dstl in line with Dstl Policy and processes.
• (As Commercial Process Assistant) assist in the delivery of relevant and efficient skills, processes, tools and management information to enable effective Commercial Group delivery of Dstl commercial activities. Support Compliance auditing across Commercial processes and policies.
• Liaise with both customers internal and external stakeholders, on a day-to-day basis to ensure that all customers requirements are fully serviced.
• Undertake professional training gaining accreditation through CIPS (if not already held) as well as in-house training.
Important Information .
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be British Citizens who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to understand the work you will undertake to protect us from any security threats. For this reason, we regret that only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners across the enterprise. We work closely with the Defence and Security Industry on many projects, so it would be great to work with you via one of our partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years.