Scottish Water is looking for a Commercial Team Leader to manage and lead a Commercial team of cost/commercial auditors and to ensure effective commercial and contract management of the Capital Investment Programme.
Working at Scottish Water
Scottish Water is one of the UKs leading water companies, the quality of drinking water and satisfaction with the service we provide our customers has never been higher - but we want to be even better – and you could help play an important part!
We are committed to creating an engaging environment and a positive experience for our employees and we have an inclusive and collaborative work environment. We were recently recognised by The Times as a Top 50 Employer for Women 2019, in 2017 we won the Diversity in the Public Sector Award 2017 (Herald and GenAnalytics) and the HR Network Award for Talent Management 2017. We also have Carers Positive Exemplary Status.
You will be entitled to a host of benefits which include 37 days holiday a year, a defined benefit pension scheme, discounted healthcare, a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
- To provide cost and commercial audit expertise and pursue and recover all disallowed costs.
- To provide a proactive and professional support service to the teams engaged in the delivery of the Capital Programme projects and shape contract management and procurement strategies.
- To develop and enhance the cost and commercial audit service – develop and deliver on an annual cost and commercial audit plan.
- To undertake and deliver specific cost, compliance and commercial audits included within the annual plan.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Directorate, Delivery Partners, Framework Consultants, Framework Suppliers and to build a wide network of contacts to keep up to date and broaden knowledge and understanding of cost and commercial contract management.
Essential skills / Knowledge / Experience required by the post holder include:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of cost and commercial auditing incl. accounting practices in the construction industry.
- Management and leadership of remote teams - To lead, motivate and inspire the cost and commercial resources under their control. The role holder is responsible for managing an internal team of commercial specialists, planning and organising their workload and allocating team to tasks. Additionally responsible for managing external consultants brought for periodical support.
- The role holder should be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness and have experience in managing disputes and claims.
- A degree qualified Quantity Surveyor (minimum 8 years post-graduation) who has attained Chartered status
- Detailed knowledge and experience of contracts and contractual mechanisms, NEC in particular.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of cost reporting (Microsoft Word) and cost control practices.
- Demonstrable ability to identify key cost and commercial areas for examination
- Numerate and highly skilled in information management (Microsoft Excel) with effective communication skills.
- Desirable skills / Knowledge / Experience required by the post holder include:
- Driving licence
The role holder should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the water industry and the legislation Scottish Water operates under.
Knowledge of the practices, procedures and key requirements across directorates within Scottish Water.
Experience of managing meetings, workshops etc.
Knowledge of Scottish Waters Capital Approvals process and project delivery routes
Performance management experience.
For more information about this role please contact SWrecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk
Closing date for applications:28th September 2020
Recruitment process will follow current government guidance on social distancing.
Any offer of employment with Scottish Water will be subject to the successful completion of a mandatory pre-employment screening process, including Disclosure Scotland and eligibility to work in the UK. Details can be found on our website.