Your chance to join our accolade winning team in the heart of Mayfair!
Podium Restaurant & Bar as well as CC Bar are located on the ground floor, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Podium Restaurant & Bar is the main hotel restaurant offering, breakfast, all-day dining and our award winning Chocoholic Afternoon tea. CC Bar is a Champagne Bar and private event space for up to 35 guests.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Salary - £22308 plus Service Charge
• Service charge
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
A Commis Pastry Chef is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Commis Pastry Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Commis Chef will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards expected by Hilton
• Perform tasks within a timely manner
• Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control
• Provide support to the Kitchen brigade
• Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Meet all health and hygiene requirements
• Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Commis Pastry Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Previous experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice Chef
• NVQ Level 1
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction
• A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
• Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course
• A passion for food and the culinary arts
• Completion of an accredited commercial cookery course or trade apprenticeship
• Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• NVQ Level 2
• Immediate start
• We’ll respond within two weeks if you’ve been successful with your application
• You’ll be invited for a trial shift
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)