Do you have British Sign Language (BSL) Skills at level 2 or above?
If so, we have an opportunity for a Communication Support Worker (CSW) to work within the ASSIST (post 16 sensory support) team, providing support for people with hearing loss around the County.
Hours will vary depending on their needs, funding allowances and geographical location.
The office base is Staffordshire Place 2, Stafford (centre for mileage as agreed)
Communication Support Worker - £14.41 - £16.26 per hour
(Depending on qualifications and experience) Main Responsibilities
To provide curriculum access in education and access to the wider community by supporting and/or empowering people with sensory loss.
Training opportunities, advice and supervision/feedback will be provided.
The Ideal Candidate
- Providing student access to the curriculum and to their peers using a variety of support strategies; signing, simplifying written materials and/or notetaking.
- Encouraging students to develop confidence and independence.
- Some additional out of class support for students may be required for curriculum access including but not limited to; help with locating research, submitting assignments, paperwork, document organisation, exam support (training and ongoing advice will be provided).
- Providing access to the community and information by explaining letters, making phone calls, or accompanying clients to activities.
Someone who is:
- Flexible, has experience within the deaf community, and who is confident in their use of sign language for communication.
- Able to foster professional relationships in a friendly manner.
- Competent in the use of electronic communications such as emails, texts and Microsoft Teams and the ability to respond in a timely manner.
Other roles within education settings may be available dependent on qualifications, experience, and availability, therefore applicants are encouraged to disclose all qualifications, either achieved or working towards.
Please note: Applications for this post will be reviewed regularly. If the positions are filled, the advert will close.
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits .
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you'll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that's why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.