Base Location: Co. Offaly, reporting in to SSE HQ, Red Oak, Dublin 18
Salary: 48,500 depending on skills and experience + bonus (pro rata)
Working Pattern: 3-year Fixed Term Contract | 15 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
People in Corporate Affairs work collaboratively externally and internally to advise, influence and communicate in order to help SSE's businesses succeed and contribute to SSE being a leading energy provider in a low-carbon world. We have a wide range of audiences we want to reach including investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers, communities and prospective employees, and our Corporate Affairs team build and cultivate these relationships to help us get our story across.
What is the Role?
Community Liaison Officers play a major role within the Renewables team. This role will be responsible for supporting the development of energy projects through the development, construction and operational phases.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and maintain excellent relationships with landowners, communities and stakeholders in areas where SSE Renewables is working on or has existing windfarms. This will be achieved by engaging with communities and key decision makers throughout the pre-construction and development phase and maintaining good relationships throughout the lifecycle of the project.
What do I need?
The successful candidate should ideally have the following;
* Be able to draft specific communication plans to ensure a proactive approach to consulting local residents and elected representatives is taken during development, construction and operations phase.
* Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with landowners, communities and stakeholder.
* Organise and communicate project milestones and information events.
* Advising on how best to engaging landowners and stakeholders successfully
* Identifying relevant media outlets, drafting appropriate press releases and managing media interest
* Drafting and distributing letters and emails to key stakeholders and tracking consultation undertaken
* Keeping website information up to date and managing social media streams
* You will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to build productive, trusted relationships with individuals and organisations, both internally and externally
* A flexible approach that is balanced by a determination to get the job done
* The capacity to deliver high quality work in a demanding environment
* Have strong influencing skills
* The ability to work as a team player and take initiative when required
* Understanding of the renewable energy business and associated infrastructure
* Work closely with the project management team to understand any customer issues
* Working knowledge of SSE's corporate approach to managing the media and an understanding of the roles of other professionals within the group business in that activity
* Understand what is expected in managing community engagement and influencing decision makers
* It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.