£25,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Private Medical Care including GP services, Life assurance covering x8 times basic salary, Pension Contribution up to 12%, 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, with the option of buying or selling 5 days per year, plus many more benefits
You probably know us as a bank, but we’re much more than that. We’ve been helping people and businesses manage their money for more than three hundred years. The way we do this is changing all the time, and we’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join us for the exciting challenges ahead. We help a wide range of people from many different backgrounds, and we want our team to reflect that diversity - so whatever your story is, we want to hear it.
More information about the role
We’re looking for a Complaint Handler’s to become a part of our Everyday Customer Care team. Within this role, you’ll be the go to point of contact for many of our customers across Barclays UK. You’ll support their more complex needs and you’ll be there to help our customers when they need us most – through challenging life events such as financial difficulty, being scammed or going through a bereavement.
We’ll give you the tools to help you find fair, simple and practical ways forward for our customers to assist them over the phone, via Social Media or Message us in the Barclays app. You’ll also be empowered to take ownership of your customer’s queries, to help resolve their complaints.
Our dream Specialist Customer Care colleague
Working in Complaint Handling is all about leaving every customer happier than you found them. We’d love individuals to join us who will treat our customers as if they were your own family members – with empathy and kindness.
We’d love you to ask yourself these questions.
• Are you patient and caring?
• Are you a good listener and passionate about helping others?
• Do you have a can-do attitude, and give everything a go?
• Are you digitally savvy and curious to learn more?
• Are you willing to help your team by sharing what you learn along the way?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we’d love to hear from you. We believe these traits are the most important thing – and if you have these, we can teach you the rest.
Although it’s not essential, it might also help you to hit the ground running in the role if you have some of these skills and experiences too:
• Experience of working in a customer-obsessed role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience assisting vulnerable customers
What we offer
As much as we care about our customers here at Barclays, we’re equally passionate about our people. We want to make sure that everyone who works here loves their job, and is valued and respected. Some of the ways we do this are listed below…
• We know that you have a life outside of work so we offer flexible working – which you can discuss with the hiring manager.
• Our people spend some of their time at home and some of their time in the office. You’ll be told which set days you’ll be working from the office. These should be the same days each week, but it could change depending on the needs of the business – see more on this below
• We love to hear different viewpoints from colleagues at all levels, and have regular and varied events on everything from mental and physical health to helping customers and colleagues through key life events
• We have loads of great career opportunities, and are passionate about helping our people grow and progress
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.