We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
Orbit have 2 newly created positions that we are looking to recruit in to. The roles are permanent positions based out of Customer Hub in Binley, Coventry. In this role you will be part of a high performing, results driven team, delivering outcomes to the highest level of performance, and standard of service. You will manage customer complaints in line with regulations and operational service delivery through a multi-channel approach.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
In this role of Complaints and Customer Care Officer you will be working directly with customers, stakeholders & wider Orbit business colleagues, to ensure that, where early investigations are received from the Housing Ombudsman, a fair and reasonable outcome to customer complaints.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, so activities meet regulatory requirements, demonstrating clear understanding of the Ombudsman Regulations.
- Prevent further unnecessary complaint escalations and Housing Ombudsman Determinations by delivering the right outcomes for our customers.
- Manage customer stage two complaints through multiple channels including social media, Trust Piot, Telephone, emails, and letter.
- Ensure continued contact/communication is made with all customers and updates are provided within adequate time.
- Make sure stage one complaints are acknowledged. All cases are fully investigated and final conclusions communicated with a final response letter along with any appropriate compensation awarded as per Housing Ombudsman Code.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role you will need to have previous experience of dealing with high volume of complaint cases and prior experience of working within a regulated complaints environment.
It is also essential that:
- Working knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret Regulatory Requirements underpinning the sector
- Strong interpersonal skills, being a great communicator (both written & verbal) with the ability to influence and inspire colleagues and partners
- Experience of delivering effective working relationships with a varied customer and partner group
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills including business writing and reporting skills
- Critical thinker, good analytical and problem-solving skills, curiosity, investigative skills, and ability to think creatively
- Multi-channel experience including email, web chat and social media.
- A proven ability to put yourself into our customers' shoes and represent their views, wants, and needs whilst balancing internal business needs/drivers/priorities
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.