- To provide a service to both internal and external customers
- To enhance the customer service provided, by dealing with general enquiries politely and professionally in a professional and courteous manner
The Ideal Candidate
- To provide assistance to visitors/contractors ensuring all site procedures/policies are adhered to
- To develop an excellent working relationship with colleagues
- To check meeting room calendars/update systems
- To be flexible and cover in other areas as and when required including cleaning and catering
- Able to work unsupervised and take responsibility in dealing with all customer enquiries
- To support the workplace and take ownership for the building in which they are working, ensuring that the FM service standards are delivered
- To meet and greet all stakeholders and coordinate their requirements
- To be the key interface for customers and be fully conversant with all the day to day activities within their designated area
- Ensuring all Out of Bounds areas are not accessed by unauthorised persons
- Ensuring the reception area displays the required Corporate image, and levels of professionalism are maintained to deliver an enhanced customer experience
- Monitor visitor passes, and ones from previous day
- Book conference room facilities
- Complete all necessary checks for foreign nationals
- To conduct panic alarm and fire alarm tests and check building security
- Ensuring all client property including keys is kept secure at all times
- Ensuring all site personnel are informed of any site changes that may affect them (Info from client, sent via email)
- Communicate well and demonstrate a polite, professional efficient and friendly service to customer, visitors, clients and guest at all times.
- Ensure all visitors/guests have a site induction before entering the main building
- Ensure all faults are logged with the help desk in a timely efficient manner
- Visitors and staff are acknowledged with a formal greeting - Good Morning/afternoon can I help you?
- Ability to deal with issues and queries in a professional and efficient manner in the managers absence
- Participate in any training or career development, team meetings and keep up to date with company legislation policy and procedures
- Report immediately on both client and Sodexo systems any accidents, near misses and incidents of fire, theft, loss damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- When your guest is already expected their name should be already included on the reception's daily visitors list.
- When a visitor is leaving you may be required to order a taxi
- Provide travel information if required - train time tables etc.
- Act as a first point of contact for emergency services attending site where security presence is not available
- Car park management
- Ambassador for corporate standards
- Flexibility essential
- Manage deliveries in accordance with specific site rules
- To complete customer journeys and audits as required
About The Company
- Be professional, pleasant, courteous and helpful at all times
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be efficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail in all activities
- Professional personal presentation
- Punctual and reliable
- Good organisational skills
- Reception experience
- Good standards of housekeeping
- SIA Licence
- Experience in catering and cleaning beneficial
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.