Conference and Banqueting Assistant
- Job Reference: HOT08KND
- Date Posted: 13 July 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: Reading
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
- Bonus/Benefits: £10 Per Hour + Service Charge
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Full Time
Here at Hilton Reading, we are less than two miles from the Oracle shopping centre and the University of Reading. We are a great base for visiting Windsor, Oxford and Henley on Thames. We house the new quirky concept OXBO Kitchen which uses fresh ingredients and locally sourced produce, not forgetting signature cocktails in the OXBO Bar. We have nine event spaces with natural lighting, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi and we also have our large indoor pool and fitness centre.
Here at Hilton Reading, we create heartfelt experiences for all our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Salary - £10 Per Hour + Service Charge
• Service charge: 12.5%
• Free and healthy meals when on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms and laundry
• Free Parking
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support each step of your career
• Your next position could be as Conference and Banqueting Supervisor
• Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
WHAT’S THE JOB?
• You’ll support the Conference and Banqueting team with setting up and delivering events
• You’ll have perfect knowledge of all rooms set up and will ensure every detail meets the client’s specification
• You’ll welcome and liaise with the event organiser, communicate in a friendly manner and demonstrate amazing customer service
• You’ll keep the meeting rooms and breakout areas clean and tidy throughout the events
• You’ll work 5 days per week, sometimes including weekends and bank holidays.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Experience working in events and/or banquets operations
• Genuine friendliness
• Team players
• Passion for banqueting and events operations
• A drive to always learn more
• Great communicators
• Pride in personal presentation
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)