Conference and Banqueting Manager - Edenbridge Kent
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. We celebrate great food and legendary service across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Conference and Banqueting Manager to manage a highly trained team to deliver a profitable and effective Conference & Events Department including the Bed and Breakfast and the newly proposed Evening restaurant operation that starts in May 2021. As the Head of events you will deliver a great service in line within all company policies, procedures and guidelines and manage a commercial business proposition that exceeds client, customer and Compass objectives in order to drive net growth and improve customer retention. More about the role:
As the Conference and Banqueting Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
Who you are:
- Build strong working relationships with key client contacts at a senior and strategic level to learn more about their event needs and challenges, gaining mutual trust and respect
- Create new business opportunities whenever possible
- Oversee the direction and development of your team as they deliver catering services, ensuring they deliver on budget, deadlines, and to the highest quality
- Proactively look for new/smarter ways to improve department processes and procedures to deliver a faster, more efficient service to clients
- Ensure all event documents and paperwork are accurate and in place, including event running order, delivery schedules, staff briefing sheets, speaker briefing sheets etc
- Evaluates/audits working practices to manage risks and drive compliance
- Develops competitive and intelligent contract pricing
- Coach, mentor and lead your team with clear direction and focus on their roles and responsibilities set to achieve the catering & events business plan and associated targets and metrics
- Show a driven, hands-on management style that guides event best practice, raises account team performance and upholds the general vitality of the agency/client relationship
- Meets or exceeds targets set in annual sales plan
Who we are:
- Operational experience in the conference & events sector
- Experience in an event or banqueting environment
- Eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Able to communicate at all levels
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.