Conference and Banqueting Manager
- Job Reference: HOT083VN
- Date Posted: 13 May 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: London, England
- Salary: £30,900
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Full Time
*Do you want to work for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work 2020?*
This isn’t just a job, it’s the beginning of a career with amazing opportunities worldwide.
No experience is necessary, but a positive attitude is key
As an Conference and Banqueting Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, you are responsible for managing all aspects of Conference and Banqueting operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banqueting Manager will also be required to optimise sales and provide leadership to the team to ensure department targets are met. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing tasks to the highest standards.
Salary is £30,900 per year plus Service Charge
Working days will be Monday to Friday, with some weekends required.
• Service Charge
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights and discounts on F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
WHAT’S THE JOB?
• Manage all Conference and Banqueting operations
• Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
• Ensure compliance of brand standards
• Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
• Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banquet
• Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
• Set achievable budgets and other short- and long-term functional goals
• Provide effective leadership to the Conference and Banquet teams to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
• Record of success in Conference and Beverage, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
• Exceptional communication skills
• Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
• It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Conference and Banquet Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre or similar
• Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)