As our Conference & Events Coordinator, you are at the heart of our operation, and we are looking for an individual who will share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
Working within a small team of four, this is an ideal venue for accommodation, conferences, meetings, dining, weddings, and special events.
You will be responsible for dealing with a range of enquiries from small meetings for 4 delegates to banquets up to 330. What we'll give:
Conference and Events Coordinator
More about the role:
- £23,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free meals on shift
- Discounted stays at other Venues Collection Hotels
- Free gym on-site
Who you are:
- You will provide a quality, market leading and customer orientated service through effective administration and customer service techniques
- Support and coordinate all bookings, including proactively upselling and exceeding customer expectation
- You will work consistently to ensure the highest standards of accurate and timely customer, staff and management information
- Ensure all sales administration is accomplished effectively and accurately in order to provide a seamless handover to the Operations team
- Passion for the events industry
- Have a sound and demonstrable knowledge of food and drink
- Competent in using MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
Who we are:
- Good verbal communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area
- Able to prioritise with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Professional and confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Ability to take initiative when required and resolve potential problems quickly
- Professional, presentable, efficient, self-motivated individual
- Self-Confident, flexible and approachable
- Strong, demonstrable administrative skills
- Enjoys working with a mix of customers from all market segments
- Can manage customer feedback and is proficient in complaint handling
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.