What we'll give:
- To positively approach all sales opportunities in order to maximise sales and revenue by yielding the business to achieve the venue's sales plan
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Exercise efficient diary management to manage the yield within the conference office
- To continually absorb and research to build knowledge of the venues
- To attend familiarization trips when required to venues or agents and to build knowledge of the venues through continuous research and information gathering
- To work closely with the Proactive Sales team to build strong relationships with Preferred Partners and Agent Partners to maximise opportunities
- To achieve performance objectives and participate in regular reviews and appraisals in line with company standards
- To undertake training and development identified in reviews and appraisals
- To maximise customer site inspections where applicable in order to close the sale
- To gain a thorough knowledge of the venues including the capacities, capabilities, and flexibility
- To be aware of all information required from the venues for key events e.g. Christmas and any upcoming campaigns
- All enquiries, including lost, turned down are loaded on CRM, accurate client details noted and correct handling of any sensitive data
- Ensure that all revenue opportunities are captured and to work to achieve set conversion target KPIs
- To ensure all chase calls are completed and communicated within the agreed timescale and correspondence is handled in the agreed response time and in the desired method for the client
- To ensure all options are thoroughly explored before business is turned down
- To work with the venues to upsell at every opportunity
- To hand over business to the planners when contracts are secured unless otherwise specified
Conference & Events Executive
More about the role:
- £26,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 20 days holiday plus 8 BH increasing after 12 months
- Meals on duty and free gym usage
- Staff discounts on food and beverage and rooms in all Venues Collection rooms
Some of your other duties will include:
Who you are:
- Help host events during busy seasonal times where required
- Support to the invoicing process, ensuring all conference bills are produced correctly and in a timely manner
- Support the proactive team with new business leads and supporting client events where necessary
- Be fully engaged with the customers and are building and maintaining relationships with key accounts
- Offer support to the wider Operations Teams where necessary and attend meetings when and where required
Organisation and time management are key to this role. You will have a keen eye for detail, exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence.
You will be passionate about customer service and hospitality with an interest events. You will possess the knowledge of events and sports. A head for figures and commercial awareness.
Who we are:
- GCSE including Maths and English
- Excellent verbal and communication skills is confident and can make decisions
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Competent in using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Confident and ability to be a team player. Assertive, calm and works well under pressure. Passionate about sales and operations
- Ability to multi task, think fast and to deliver solutions to customer requirements
- Diplomatic and discreet and can manage customer feedback and confidently manage complaint handling
- A good sense of humour, a Self-starter and ability to motivate others
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A can do attitude & instils this within the wider team
- To be an excellent ambassador for the business
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.