Configuration Manager - Radar Cross Section Project (RCS)
Business Area: Maritime Training, Tactics, Test and Evaluation Transformation (MTET)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Configuration Manager to join QinetiQ' with responsibility for constructing a Capability/System Configuration Management strategy that will reflect the fast pace and dynamism of the RCS Programme. Your role will be to define, deploy and implement system configuration management policy, along with the processes behind the policy and thereafter provide Configuration Management expertise on the programme in line with Corporate QinetiQ policies.
To support the Radar Cross Section Capability, QinetiQ is developing two new radar cross section (RCS) measurement radar systems, an analysis suite and associated ancillary support systems.
- Document a configuration management (CM) concept that spans the complete development cycle that references industry best practice and supports the use of industry standard design methodologies including Agile.
- Ownership and improvement of the Configuration Management strategy, plan and processes;
- Identity CM requirements that cover the system, hardware, software and data/info requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all releases and build processes are accurately documented and are reported through the approved toolset.
- Responsible for conducting Configuration Reviews to include but not limited to requirements, problem reports, defects and bug reports.
- Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of multiple, concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan.
- Organisation of Change Review Boards (CRBs);
- Creation and archive of Configuration Baselines;
- Oversee the delivery of software applications in test and deployment environments;
- Administration of Project Management Registers, e.g. actions, issues, decisions, assumptions, dependencies, changes, problems, hardware assets;
- Advising / training / supporting project members in performing correct Configuration Management processes;
- Technical management of Project Support Office (PSO) staff involved in delivering Configuration Management services.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Extensive hands-on working experience of configuration management within a systems engineering Technology Company.
- Experienced CM practitioner in all hardware and software CM related disciplines, including Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, CM Audits, Baseline Management, Software Configuration Management, CM database requirements and as-built management.
- Experience of the application and use of Atlassian & JIRA toolset.
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software, hardware and data products.
- Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of system engineering skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
- Configuration Management best practices
- Strong Atlassian Confluence and JIRA experience
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Atlassian BitBucket
- TOGAF / ITIL (or equivalent) framework awareness
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.