Here within the Anglian Water @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. Now working in the latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7, we are working towards delivering an approximate £1.8bn programme of work until 2025. Are you ready to join us as we aim to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen? Working on circa 800 infrastructure projects across the region with sustainability, customer, and innovation at the heart of everything we do brings us a host of exciting and complex challenges to overcome on a day-to-basis. Our site operational teams play a vital role in maintaining and enhancing the water and water recycling services across our region. To oversee the management of quality, cost and timely delivery of all construction activity carried out on site through the leadership of Site Managers and on-site resources, we are looking for a Construction Manager to specifically focus on Non-Infrastructure programme areas to join the team!
What will you be doing as our new Construction Manager?
As our new Construction Manager, you’ll be working within Water and Water Recycling Non- Infrastructure to manage the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM for managing compliance for all delivered construction work.
Whilst being primarily focussed on managing construction delivery, you’ll always adopt a wider pan-Alliance view, modelling appropriate Alliancing behaviours and leadership skills within integrated teams.
By managing your local construction delivery team to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables, you’ll drive a culture of zero accidents and zero defects to meet our Delivery Milestones to provide the best service to our customers.
- Lead and manage site construction teams within designated portfolios to deliver projects within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives outperformance and innovation where possible
- Drive a focus on zero waste and reducing embodied carbon within construction activities
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short term resource needs (labour, plant and materials)
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe everyday and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns
- Look to implement a blend of standard products and innovation techniques which will maintain our position as industry-leaders
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing operational resources in a construction environment
- HNC/Degree in Civil or Construction Management
- Water Industry construction experience
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
- CSCS Card black minimum
- Alliancing experience would be an advantage.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent qualification i.e., NVQ Level 6
- Full UK driving licence
To join the team, you’ll have proven experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced Non-Infrastructure environment to compliment your HNC/Degree in Civil or Construction Management. You’ll be working across our Water and Water Recycling Non- Infrastructure programme areas so experience in dealing with large structures in the Water industry is essential.
Having attended a Site Management Safety Training Scheme and a Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme, you’ll hold a CSCS Card (Black minimum) to ensure you provide the highest levels of safety management to our teams, customers and environment.
Able to inspire and lead a team, you’ll encourage and support groups and individuals to achieve critical tasks and outcomes with the ability to adopt a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands on if required to achieve the deliverables. You’ll be able to operate at all levels to suit need and the situation with the ability to manage conflicting demands.
You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be performance driven, with proven experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation.
To provide visible leadership across our sites, there will be an expectation to travel to sites across the Anglian Water region.
If you are looking for the next step in your career whilst having an impact on our site performance, please apply today!
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.