Our award-winning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fit-out team and completing one-off projects up to £40 million plus in value.
We are very pleased to be recruiting a Construction Manager for our growing team based in the Midlands. candidates should ideally be able to lead the project team, manage the supply chain and to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (5th place) the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016 & 2019) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from business in the community.
You will be joining a supportive company that will develop your career and hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
The main role of a Construction Manager at Willmott Dixon is to develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme, ensure effective communication and implementation to deliver the project on time, ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress, and instigate corrective actions as required.
It is equally as important in this role to manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget, review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities, manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion; all whilst leading and motivating the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project!
In addition you will need to develop and monitor strategies (including sustainability) to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group, you will be involved on our recent win for the refurbishment of the landmark Wolverhampton Civic Hall.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A track record of successful delivery of projects
- A variety of construction operations
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Able to travel independently to work.
- SMSTS certificate
- Construction related degree
- Working towards MCIOB
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
- Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward,
- Make and implement difficult and / or unpopular decisions.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.