We are the world’s learning company with more than 20,000 employees where we serve people in the community (nearly 200 countries). We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalised learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people. At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From shaping lessons of the future, to taking assessment of learning online, we are always re-examining the way people teach, tutor and learn best. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive and diverse and where our people can be themselves so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.
Pearson is regularly featured on the Forbes list of Best Employers and we are recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO)
About the role
- To be responsible for the management of a team of Allocations Coordinators involved with the deployment of our examiners, moderators and verifiers, known as Assessment Associates (AAs), to assessment roles in a given area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for ensuring that sufficient AAs are contracted to meet target requirements in all areas for which the Allocations Coordinators in the team are responsible.
- To be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of permanent and seasonally contracted staff, both UK based and overseas.
- To oversee all activities in relation to the team of coordinators and be the main point of escalation with internal customers and stakeholders.
- To support the Operations Manager, in motivating team members and directing their work to ensure that the objectives of the team are met. Promoting effective teamwork and sharing of skills.
- To ensure that all the administrative tasks are carried out within specified timescales following the correct processes and to the agreed standards.
- To manage own workflow as well as the workflow of the team to ensure appropriate number of AAs are contracted and allocated for each assessment cycle as indicated on the Forecast.
- Ensure that AA contracts, Terms and Conditions and other relevant documentation are despatched within agreed timescale and to support the Operations Manager in providing accurate MI.
- Ensure the accuracy of information inputted on the various systems for the team; eg re-allocations of examiners/moderators and notification of changes to centres.
- To ensure AA information is accurate and records are kept up to date on the various systems.
- To monitor and respond to CRM queries through the Pivotal system within the company agreed SLA.
- Ensure that administrative work of the team is checked for accuracy and any issues regarding quality are resolved.
- Participate in all administrative tasks involved in the payment of AAs ensuring that the team are compliant with the relevant rules and regulations including Sarbanes Oxley and the Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy.
- To ensure new team members/temps have been given sufficient training and the supporting documentation to carry out their tasks.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager on contracting and allocation issues and take responsibility for day to day running of the team.
- To be pro-active in the planning and preparation of each contracting period as indicated on the Business Calendar.
- To ensure that the work of the team is improved and updated in a way which contributes towards the effectiveness and operational efficiency of the Division and which meets with the requirements of the Regulator and customer expectations.
- To ensure positive customer service is provided consistently, resolving escalations & complaints promptly in accordance with PQS Customer Service SLAs.
- To Monitor Management information ( MI) on a daily basis to ensure service delivery and proactively report any risks and issues to the Operations Manager.
- Proficiency needs to be established with various systems including iSeries, Gateway, IQS and Business Objects to ensure that all information is correct and up to date, so that the interface with other interdependent systems is secure.
- Assisting with additional or adhoc contracting during busy times or to cover during absence
- Assisting colleagues within the Deployment team with their workload during peak times.
- Liaison will be required with other areas of the business in order to achieve business objectives.
You may also be required to personally take responsibility for a given area from across our qualification range or for non-AA related Pearson projects and ventures to manage and facilitate the contracting, deployment and allocation of associates for each contracting period, in line with forecast requirements and to tight deadlines.
This role is business-critical and covers an essential phase in the successful delivery of each contracting period. Team members need to remain focused while working to tight deadlines, yet also need to be sufficiently flexible to manage the varying priorities, meeting deployment targets while answering customer queries, acting as a subject-specific contact while responding to urgent situations that frequently arise during the examination period etc.