Contracts Manager (Grade J) 1876462
- Job Reference: Ref:1876462
- Date Posted: 4 May 2021
- Employer: Greater Manchester Police
- Location: Prestwich
- Salary: £38,376 to £40,662
- Sector: Law enforcement & Security, Law
- Job Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) is one of the largest police forces in the UK and is responsible for keeping its diverse population of almost 3 million safe, spread over more than 1,200 sq. km. We are here to serve all the communities across Greater Manchester. It’s a big job but satisfying and it offers a variety of exciting careers for people like you.
GMP is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce reflective of the communities we serve and would welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
GMP is transforming the way it trains its student officers, and has recently entered into a contract with a university as a Learning Delivery Partner to lead a new, national learning programme. In order to support the delivery of this learning programme, a new team has been set up within our People and Development Branch.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contract Manager to manage our training contracts. Working directly to the Quality Assurance and Governance Manager, the successful candidate will:
• Manage GMP's training contracts throughout the contract life cycle;
• Ensure that agreed performance outcomes are being met, and impose agreed sanctions on suppliers that fail to meet agreed service levels;
• Lead on the training related procurement process, including working with key stakeholders to gather the requirements, market assessment, tender, evaluation and award; and
• Profile and monitor contractual spend and ensure timely payments.
In order to be short-listed for interview, the candidate must be able to evidence all of the essential criteria from the job description in their supporting information, including but not limited to the following:
• Significant experience of contract management and monitoring within a large-scale complex organisation with a portfolio value in excess of £5m.
• Relevant academic / professional qualification - HND/degree level or significant relevant experience.
• Experience of supplier management and service assurance through process design, sourcing, contract negotiation and financial accounting.
• Experience in the preparation of contract management documents and service level agreements, and the identification of performance criteria and methods of monitoring.
• Experience of assessing a supplier’s performance against an agreed service level, and addressing any areas of non-conformity.
• Experience of leading a competitive procurement process.
The position will be based at the Sedgley Park Training Centre, M25 0JT, with the ability to work from home in accordance with Force policy, but the successful candidate must be willing to work flexibly at different locations across the force and have a willingness to work occasionally beyond normal hours of work.