Who We Are
Founded in 1992 and with over 350 staff, Galliard is a property development, hospitality and management group overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London, Home Counties, and the Midlands. Galliard has a £4.06 billion portfolio of over 5,300 homes, 153 hotel rooms, 726,000 square feet of commercial developments under construction and a further 5,200 units in planning.
With an impressive portfolio of award-winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London’s leading property developers.
The Contracts Manager will manage up to 5 Projects and will be site based (normally working within the M25).
The Contracts Manager will be managing established teams comprising of Project Managers, Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers, Designers and Quantity Surveyors. In addition to developing the site team is to manage a site workforce capable of constructing the Galliard Homes product in a safe and diligent manner to the exacting high standards of our Brand on time and in line with the budgeted costs. This will also include reporting to the Construction Director any risks, opportunities, and any mitigation strategies to maintain the project completion date.
- Develop, update, and implement the Construction Stage Plan, Programme and the Health and Safety Plan to include all stakeholder requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure that the site team have all RAMS for both direct and sub-contract works in place and are suitable for the activities being undertaken / as listed in the Risk Register (that is developed for the H&S P)
- Be actively involved in the detailed review, analysis, and monitoring of the procurement process.
- Oversee on a day-to-day basis the Design team to ensure that production targets are achieved and high a quality of finish is maintained.
- Review actual design and construction progress and prepare and maintain an updated project programme in conjunction with the Project Manager and Planner
- Carry out site progress meetings with the Client, monitor the sub-contract Progress meetings to ensure the effective and efficient organization of labour etc.
- Ensure the Design and Commercial teams are working to the TES in line with the relevant specifications and cost plan.
- Ensure that all the team understanding risks and opportunities of potential change orders through the process of this project.
- Experience of leading and implementing a broad range of projects.
- Proven ability to define and implement the right strategy depending on the circumstances and requirements.
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced construction environment
- Experience in leading teams to deliver.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the role.
- Mental and intellectual toughness to confront and solve problems, often through others as well as by themselves.
- Politically astute to know when to flag issues and escalate situations.
- Self-confident enough to stand their ground when appropriate.
- Accountability to accept when progress is not going as expected and to make personal changes to ensure corrective action.
- Professional honesty and integrity in dealing with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Experience of working on projects from £5 million to £ 50 million plus.
- An understanding of modern construction techniques, including:
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Cladding Systems
- Mechanical and Electrical services
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (BSc. Engineering / Project Management preferred).
- Both New Build and Refurbishment Experience.
- RC Frame experience.
- Similar role with a Developer or Design Build Contractor.
- Solid commercial acumen.
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday