Join us as a Control Room Manager
- This is an opportunity for a driven individual to join a fast paced environment as part of our Markets Conflicts Control Room team
- You’ll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- It’s a chance to have a tangible effect on our function, put your existing skills to the test and advance your career
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll identify and manage potential information and transactional conflicts of interest, as well as the wall crossing process, Insiders Lists and registers for material projects. We'll also look to you to advise on the management of risks, regulatory policy, conduct risk, industry developments and appropriate policies and procedures to identify and manage conflicts.
You’ll maintain the integrity of the organisation’s information barriers, monitoring and controlling the flow of confidential and inside information between our private and public side businesses.
- Provide expert support and advice to the business, bank wide control teams and stakeholders in relation to Control Room policies, systems and processes
- Provide subject matter expertise to the development of the Markets business deal logging and reporting systems as well as Control Room systems
- Escalate to senior Compliance Management any significant issues and liaise with them to appropriately remediate
The skills you'll need
You'll need technical knowledge of banking products, activities and regulation, especially Market Abuse Regulation from a Control Room or Compliance background, with an understanding of Anti-Bribery & Corruption legislation and its interaction with banking activities. We'll also look for you to have the ability to think ahead and adapt well to change.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of oversight of business risk within a second line of defence role, particularly in relation to Conflicts
- Knowledge of regulatory oversight enforcement frameworks expectations and of regulatory compliance issues within the industry
- The ability to manage your own workflow in a fast paced environment and effectively manage business expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in defining controls and risk management frameworks