Join us as a Controls Team Leader
- If you have a background in risk management, then join our team in helping to anticipate and assess the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- We’ll look to you to proactively drive the assessment and implementation of risk framework and policy compliance and changes, converting these into appropriate strategies and action plans
- In this highly collaborative role, you’ll have an ideal platform for building your network and advancing your career, while helping to create a safer environment for the bank
What you'll do
You’ll have the responsibility of supporting the management team in their identification and assessment of material risks, and in determining their position relative to agreed appetites. Working with senior stakeholders across the bank, you’ll look to drive forward the development and delivery of remedial action plans where identified risks are considered out of appetite.
On top of this, you’ll be supporting a culture of proactive and pre-emptive risk management and continuous improvement, and the attainment of operational risk objectives.
You’ll also be:
- Analysing risk reporting and metrics used to inform decision making
- Educating teams on the operational risk framework and our conduct risk obligations, supporting the business in operating and embedding them
- Initiating and supporting thematic exploration, deep dives, read across and oversight of the risk profile linked to control and conduct failures and operational events
- Leading multiple teams and sub processes, with accountability on all team KPIs
- Managing a large-scale continuous improvement project cutting across departments
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need the ability to manage your own workflow, including that of direct reports to required deadlines. You’ll also need excellent communication skills in order to work well within the team, as well as being able to negotiate with, and influence, stakeholders across an organisation.
You’ll also bring:
- The ability to assess business financial and credit risk for their respective portfolios or sectors
- Knowledge of wholesale lending policy and processes
- Financial and other risk analysis and problem solving abilities
- An understanding of the relevant financial products and current developments within the financial marketplace