Join us as a Converged Infrastructure Engineer
- We’ll look to you to develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- You’ll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Converged Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes.
You’ll also be:
- Making sure the required work in the platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria, which ensures that operations support or warranty period is clear and accountable once a system migration is complete
- Contributing to a high number of complex and risk exposed technical infrastructures
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the organisation
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a strong background in engineering, administering, maintaining and troubleshooting complex VMware environments. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with this, you'll need extensive experience of VMware infrastructure. This will include vSphere v6.x, vSphere v7.x, vCenter 6.x/7.x, VMware Site Recovery Manager, vRealise Automation and Orchestration, VMware Cloud Foundation, VMware Code Stream, Puppet Enterprise, and CI/CD toolchain.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- An extensive background of hyper and converged infrastructure such as Dell EMC VxRail, VxBlock, and Cisco UCS
- Knowledge of VMware vSAN, block storage, storage replication technologies, VMware HCX, or VMware NSX
- Documentation and design skills with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
- Experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance
- A background of working in a complex, multi disciplined matrix team