As a Cook Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
You'll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Cook Supervisor. After all, who doesn't dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends? Job Description
More about the role:
- £10.11 per hour, 30 hours per week
- Based in RG4 5AA
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To complete the opening and closing checklists and to ensure that everything on them has been done
- To ensure that the front of house areas are clean, tidy and attractive during opening times
- To produce weekly rotas following the manager's guidelines
- To place orders for stock to maintain the correct stock levels
- To ensure that all deliveries are checked and put away promptly and correctly
- To ensure waste is kept to a minimum during beverage production
- To delegate where necessary and ensure the team are pro-active at all times
- To cash up at the end of a late shift and complete beverage stock takes when required
- In the absence of the Manager assist in the completion of weekly bookwork and any other duties that are deemed necessary
- Be pro-active at all times and use initiative, diplomacy and discretion to solve any problems that may arise
Who we are:
- Previous experience supervising frontline teams within a similar environment
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers within your work environment
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety
- Customer service focused
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.