We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Cost Analyst to join the Compass Group Central Functions team based at our offices in Rubery, Birmingham.
The main purpose of the Cost Analyst role is to support the UK Business with analysis, reporting and insight to effectively control and in unit overheads and controllable costs.
To continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to commercial activities undertaken. All key tasks and measures must be aligned to the Finance and Compass Management and Performance Reporting plans.
This is the perfect role for a part qualified ACCA ot CIMA looking for a new challenge! Job Description
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The Ideal Candidate
- Deliver accurate, user friendly reporting
- Provide actionable insight to operational and central function stakeholders to facilitate enhanced cost control and drive efficiencies in overhead spend.
- Develop close working relationships with other UK Functions and departments within UK Finance to implement improvements and efficiencies
- Work with operations to ensure overhead costs are effectively controlled.
- Identify where there are process or policy gaps and propose solutions to enable improved control over overhead spend.
- Ensure spend is appropriately approved as is compliant with Group policies.
About The Company
- High numeric and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Good spreadsheet knowledge
- Positive attitude towards colleagues
- Previous analytical or financial experience
- Knowledge of SAP and Cognos (Data Warehouse) desirable
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.